Fitness Advices shows you – How to Workout Lower Chest
We all know how this works out, right ? We start bodybuilding, start our workout routine and after the initial phase is over, we often find out that our upper chest is developing but lower chest isn’t. This happens to all the beginners in bodybuilding and then we start to wonder what exercises or workout routine we can follow to workout our lower chest and develop muscle mass there also.
You will often hear that developing lower chest is difficult and it takes time, but guess what ? Thats not true. If you know which exercises to perform and have a set routine, particularly to hit your lower chest muscles, you will have no problems building mass there.
The reason why our lower chest is not developed is because of the exercises we perform in our gyms on regular basis, like bench presses, push ups etc. These exercises do not hit your lower chest muscles and you are left wondering “how to workout lower chest muscles.”
So, whats the answer to How to workout lower chest then ?
Its simple. By doing exercises which particularly hit lower chest muscles. And mind you, one exercise will never be enough. Ask any guy who has developed lower chest and he will say this to you that you have to treat it as a separate muscle group and perform minimum 2-3 exercises to see any improvement.
Few tricks to workout lower chest
- You should start performing exercises which hit lower chest, in the beginning of your workout – The logic is simple – You always have more energy in the beginning of your workout and doing such exercises in the beginning will have better effect to your lower chest muscles.
- Perform more than 2 exercises which hit your lower pec muscles.
- Preferably have a rest day either before or after your chest routine so you get enough time to repair and build muscle tissue.
- Make sure you don’t have a fixed chest routine for weeks, with no change at all. Always keep on shifting your routine, some of the easiest ways to shift your workout routine would be to add more reps/weight, or lower your rest time between sets.
Exercises that show you How to workout Lower Chest Muscles
Here are some of the exercises which hit your lower chest muscles and help build mass around them
- Decline Barbell Press
- Decline Dumbbell Press
- Cable Crossover
- Incline Push-up (feet on floor)
All these exercises and there variations hit those lower chest muscles hard. I would say, the key is to treat them as a separate muscle group, especially in the beginning and perform these exercises hard.
Start performing 2-3 sets of each exercise in the beginning and I am sure you will start noticing improvement in your lower chest muscles.